MINNEAPOLIS, MN. (February 2023) – The ultimate spring kickoff event and one of the country’s largest outdoors consumer shows, the 89th Annual Discover Boating® Northwest Sportshow, in partnership with Progressive® Insurance returns to the Minneapolis Convention Center Thursday, March 9 – Sunday, March 12. The 2023 Sportshow will offer access to the best in boats, fishing, hunting, travel and outdoor gear from over 300 exhibitors.
An event filled with non-stop fun for all ages, the 2023 Northwest Sportshow will bring the energy and excitement of the outdoors inside with live entertainment, education and activities for all ages. Tickets are on sale now at www.northwestsportshow.com.
Opportunities to learn, shop and plan for any outdoors adventure include:
- Super Thursday: $5 Tickets, Deals, Discounts and More from 5-8 PM. The early bird gets the worm! On Thursday, attendees can enjoy one-day-only deals on a variety of boats and marine products throughout the show from 5-8pm, plus $5 admission to the show, discounted parking and food & drink specials.
- Hawg Trough – 5,000-Gallon Fishing Tank Featuring Demos from the Industry’s Top Anglers. Catch demonstrations by pro anglers at the show’s 5,000-gallon aquarium stocked with native Minnesota fish species. Learn the ins and outs of fishing and casting methods plus a firsthand live look at how fish react to various types of bait and lures in real time.
- Fishing 101 – Learn Basic Fishing Skills, Play Games and More. The hub for all aspiring and avid anglers, attendees will have a chance to cast for big fish at LUNDkery Lake, test their casting accuracy at Backyard Flipping and more. Aspiring junior anglers can pick up a free fishing coloring book or try their hand at a game of FISH bingo. Staffed by the Lund Boat Fishing Pros and Student Angler Tournament Trail Coaches. ‘
- Trout Pond – Free Catch & Release Fishing Experience for Junior Anglers. The perfect introduction to the fun of fishing, kids of all ages can enjoy a catch-and-release fishing pond all weekend long.
- Discover Boating® Up North Lounge – Sit Back, Relax and Enjoy a Taste of Summer at the Minnesota-Inspired Oasis. Escape the chilly Winter temps for a few hours and enjoy a bite to eat, something to drink and the sweet sounds of talented local musicians at the “lake”.
- Live Music – Featuring Minneapolis’ Own Chris Kelley. The talented local musician will perform on Thursday and Friday from 3 pm – 7pm, as well as Saturday from 2 pm – 6 pm.
- Fred’s Shed How-To Center, presented by Progressive® Insurance – The Ultimate Destination for Tips, Tricks and DIY Advice. A one-stop resource for everyone from first time boaters to experienced captains. Tech experts will be on-site and at the ready to help attendees level up their boat-maintenance skills offering tips, tricks and DIY advice along the way.
- Ducks Unlimited – Learn About Wetlands Conservation. Attendees can help fill the skies with waterfowl for future generations by supporting Ducks Unlimited’s conservation mission with silent auctions, raffles and more. While supplies last, kids can stop by for a free Duck Decoy painting.
- Create a Crankbait – One-of-a-Kind Show Souvenir. Sponsored by TIPS Outdoors, crafty young anglers can create a crankbait using balsa wood bodies, paint, and stick-on lure eyes to take home.
- Seminars – Learn from the Pros. Gain valuable knowledge from the industry’s leading professionals at the show’s renowned Seminar Series. Seminars will cover a range of topics for everyone from the new boater to the avid angler.
Attendees can also expect a variety of giveaways (while supplies last) including:
- Thursday, March 9 – starting at 1 pm, all attendees will receive Little Joe Single Hook Spinner Rig
- Friday, March 10 – starting at 12 PM, children ages 12 and younger when accompanied by a paid adult will receive a FREE Rapala or VMC cap.
- Saturday, March 11 – starting at 10 am, children ages 12 and younger when accompanied by a paid adult will receive a FREE Fishlab Bio Spoon Weedless ¼ oz. spoon for children.
- Sunday, March 12 – starting at 10 am, children ages 12 and younger when accompanied by a paid adult will receive a FREE Walleye Creation Nation Worm Harness.
WHERE: Minneapolis Convention Center, 1301 2nd Ave S. Minneapolis, MN 55403-2710
- $15 for adults online; children 12 years of age and younger are free with a paid adult admission.
- Super Thursday, March 9 - $5 tickets from 5 pm – 8 pm. Tickets sold exclusively online.
- Senior Day is Thursday, March 9 – Ages 62+ May Enjoy $12 Tickets from 1pm – 8 pm.